Molecular biomarkers are biomolecules indicative of disease possibility, presence and prognosis. In most cases, these are variations in our genes (DNA) and how they are transcribed or expressed (mRNA or proteins). Researchers are developing biomarkers for myriad disease states, including all forms of cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, to name a few.
Quantitative determination of biomarkers in cells can be performed using either conventional microplate reader optics or digital widefield microscopy. Fluorescence in-situ hybridization using fluorescence microscopy can be performed to identify gene variants and also quantify gene transcription; while microplate readers equipped with numerous detection modes are well equipped to quantify protein biomarkers using sandwich immunoassay technologies. Assays of this type are commonly run in higher density microplates, such as 96 or 384-well formats. Furthermore, the biomarker assay workflow can benefit from automated liquid handing for sample preparation to reagent addition.
- Analysis of the Effect of Aggregated β-Amyloid on Cellular Signaling Pathways Critical for Memory in Alzheimer’s Disease
- High Throughput, Multiplexed Detection of Inflammatory Cytokines in an Astrocyte and Monocyte Co-culture Model
- Multiplexed Detection of Cytokine Cancer Biomarkers using Fluorescence RNA In Situ Hybridization and Cellular Imaging
- Multiplexed Assay for IL-6 Secretion and Cell Viability Using an Epithelial Ovarian Cancer Cell Line
- Differential Cancer Biomarker Secretion of Cultured Cells - Use of the ELx50™ to Automate the Wash Steps of Multiplexed Luminex® xMAP® Bead Assays
- Automated Washing of Magnetic Bead QuantiGene® Plex 2.0 Assays - Using the ELx405™ Magnetic Bead Washer to Wash Multiplexed mRNA Quantitation Assays
Learn more about Biomarker Assays – see our Applications and technical documentation in Resources.
- Cytation 5 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
- Cytation 1 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
- Synergy Neo2 Hybrid Multi-Mode Reader
- Synergy H1 Hybrid Multi-Mode Reader
- 405 TS Washer
- 405 LS Washer
- 50 TS Washer