Total Protein Quantification
Total protein content is a measurement common to many applications in basic science and clinical research. Several different fluorescent techniques are available that eliminate many of the problems associated with the traditional absorbance-based colorimetric methods to measure total protein content.
Total protein is quantified using the same methods as nucleic acids:
- Spectrophotometric determination of protein and peptides at A280
- Colorimetric determination with Bradford, Lowry and BCA assays, for example
- Fluorometric determination using intrinsic fluorescence or fluorescent probes eg. NanoOrange, CBQCA, Fluorescamine
- Fluorometric Protein Quantification using NanoOrange
- Green Fluorescent Protein Quantification in Microplates
Learn more about Total Protein Quantification – see our Applications and technical documentation in Resources.