Helping Enable Discovery
Thank you to all who are diligently working on the front lines as we, a global community, fight the COVID-19 pandemic. Medical research is working hard to find effective therapeutics such as antiviral drugs including vaccines, peptide inhibitors, nucleoside analogues and monoclonal antibodies. Others are developing in vitro assays for research and clinical testing. BioTek is a registered medical device manufacturer of IVD and Research Use Only microplate readers, washers, dispensers, automated microscopes and imagers. These instruments help to accelerate and automate the processing of thousands of samples. These instruments help to accelerate and automate the processing of thousands of samples. Here you will find information on the solutions BioTek provides that can be used for COVID-19 related research.
Contact us to discuss whether these solutions can aid in your research workflows and know that budgetary or shipping concerns can be mitigated during this important time. We will do everything possible to meet your needs and expedite high-need shipments. We are here to help!
Understanding the Enemy: An Applied Review of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 - On Demand
Presenter: Dr. Kristen Peters Olson, Field Applications Scientist
This webinar reviews the broad range of research techniques and assay formats employed to develop effective treatments and advance clinical testing. Content covers general virology applications, cellular host response studies, animal models of infection, and therapeutic development.
- SHERLOCK: nucleic acid detection with CRISPR nucleases (Synergy Neo2)
- A high-throughput neutralizing antibody assay for COVID-19 diagnosis and vaccine evaluation (Cytation 7)
- SARS-CoV-2 LAMP Diagnostic Assay (Synergy Neo2)
- A serological assay to detect SARS-CoV-2 seroconversion in humans (Synergy™ 4)
- SARS-CoV-2 invades host cells via a novel route: CD147-spike protein (Epoch™)
- A human monoclonal antibody blocking SARS-CoV-2 infection (EL808)
- A detailed protocol for a serological assay to detect SARS-CoV-2 seroconversion in humans: antigen production and test setup (Synergy H1)
- Enhancing colorimetric loop-mediated isothermal amplification speed and sensitivity with guanidine chloride (Synergy Neo2)
If you are a BioTek customer and need support with your instrumentation or software, specifically in regard to serological research for SARS-CoV-2, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Our teams are ready and available to prioritize your support request.
Click here for BioTek's customer statement on COVID-19 coronavirus.