Scratch Assay Starter Kit
for Wound Healing and Cell Migration Assays
Part Number: 1750012
BioTek’s Scratch Assay Starter Kit includes everything a researcher needs to implement automated, kinetic cell migration and scratch wound assays, in conjunction with a BioTek Lionheart™ Automated Microscope or Cytation™ Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader.
Each Scratch Assay Starter Kit includes:
- BioTek’s AutoScratch™ Wound Making Tool to automatically create repeatable scratch wounds
- The Scratch Assay App software: Automatically calculates key statistics including wound width, % confluence and maximum healing rate
- Sample packages of 24-well and 96-well microplates
- Reagents to ensure the best scratch performance, assay repeatability and easy maintenance
Other available accessories for scratch assay workflows include:
- PN 02682 - Case of 100 (individually wrapped) Corning® Costar® 24-well Clear TC-Treated Plates - flat bottom, polystyrene, sterile, lid
- PN 02683 - Case of 100 (20 packs of 5) Corning® 96-well Clear TC-Treated Plates - flat bottom, polystyrene, sterile, lid
- PN 1750006 - Set of 8 spare scratch pins for AutoScratch Wound Making Tool
- PN 1753008 - Cleaning reagents for AutoScratch Wound Making Tool
- Incorporation of a Novel, Automated Scratch Tool and Kinetic Label-Free Imaging to Perform Wound Healing Assays
BioTek’s Scratch Assay Starter Kit includes everything a researcher needs to implement automated, kinetic cell migration and scratch wound assays.
This is a tutorial video about optimizing your microplate-based scratch migration assays by effectively washing samples after scratches have been formed. Post-scratch washing is an important step in the wound healing assay protocol, whether you are generating your scratches manually, or using the fully automated BioTek AutoScratch Wound Making Tool to efficiently create uniform scratches in either 24- or 96-well microplates.
Upon completion of automated wound creation using the AutoScratch tool, automated plate washing can be achieved using the MultiFlo FX to remove cells dislodged from the plate bottom. A series of three plate washes are completed in a sterile environment followed by media and/or inhibitor addition prior to performing cell migration studies. Learn more at www.biotek.com/multiflofx.
Automated Wound Creation for Scratch Wound Healing Assays
Convenient, all-inclusive kit
The Scratch Assay Starter Kit provides everything you need to rapidly implement scratch wound assays with your BioTek imager.
1. AutoScratch Wound Making Tool
2. Sterile 96 and 24-well microplates
3. Scratch pin cleaning solutions
4. Scratch Assay App
Highly consistent scratch wounds
AutoScratch automatically creates wounds with high consistency from plate to plate.
- Wound width %CV < 2%
- Vastly improved over manual scratch assay
The Scratch Assay App includes customizable, pre-defined protocols that calculate results automatically.
24- and 96-well plates
The kit includes 24- and 96-well plates to facilitate scratch assay implementation in both plate types.
Automated cleaning and decontamination
AutoScratch features automated routines for unattended maintenance. Reagents are included.
1. AutoScratch automatic cleaning area
2. Supplied cleaning reagents